Friday 28 September 2012

Indoor Garden Update -Squash and Watermelons!


To tell you the truth, I wasn't sure how well this experiment would go... But so far, so good! Just look at the little watermelon that's growing in my window! Actually, the plant has produced a number of them now and is almost always covered in flowers.


And yes, even the Butternut Squash is doing relatively well. Though so far no fruit has been produced. Frankly, I'm just happy to see that the plants haven't just withered away to nothing. They're actually doing really well! So time will tell whether or not any of them produce. Regardless, it thrills me to see plants you'd think of as outdoor-only, actually doing well indoors.

Eventually this knowledge will come in handy when I either build a four-season greenhouse, or find another way to grow plants over the winter (grow lights and large pots perhaps?).


I think it's an important thing to learn....especially now given how bad food prices are getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment