Saturday 30 June 2012

Random Photo Entry



I was looking through some of my older photos, and came across two interesting ones taken in 2008. They were taken during a trip to McGregor Provincial Park, in Ontario Canada. I started noticing beautiful old farmhouses, abandoned and decaying along the highway and rural roads. Such a shame, I'm sure some were very old... and all had such amazing character. You have to wonder when you see things like that, about the lives lived within them, who the people were, how long they were there, and why they're gone...

Personally, they're a bit too large for my taste when it comes to their design. My homestead "cottage/cabin" is much smaller and far more practical for heating in the winter. Just right for one lady and her dogs 'n other pets... and maybe one day the right man too.  ;)

Anyway, these are just two of the houses I managed to take pictures of... hopefully I'll be able to find more and share them. I find them rather inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment