Friday 13 July 2012

Great Rabbit Hutch Design!

I came across this post on youtube recently, of a fellow Canadian's awesome custom Rabbit Hutch.

http://youtu.be/7RusDM2ZczI

It's almost exactly the same idea I was trying to figure out for a milti-rabbit hutch, for my own rabbits. Given that other multi-rabbit housing ideas out there weren't up to my standards.

I wanted a solidly built hutch that can withstand the elements here in Canada, and is strong enough to withstand the attempts of predators to gain entry (all that hutch design in the video needs are a few locking latches that racoons can't figure out), with lots of space for each rabbit, and a nice "house" where they can get out of the elements/have their babies. Ferreriinfo1111's design is nearly perfect!

I love that the one unit can house three Does and one Buck. Just have a grow-out pen for the babies (Rabbit Tractor maybe?) and you'd be set!

No comments:

Post a Comment