Friday 6 July 2012

Vegetable Garden List.

 I'm a firm believer in "Grow what you eat, and eat what you grow."

Here's a list of plants I am currently growing, and plants I plan on growing in the future (when I have more space).

-Garlic.
-Lettuce.
-Radishes.
-Peas.
-Corn (heirloom varieties).
-Butternut Squash.
-Pumpkin.
-Apples/Pears.
-Raspberries.
-Blackberries.
-Carrots.
-Potatoes.
-Gourds (Chinese water bottle and long-handled dipper mostly).
-Lavender
-Herbs like Rosemary, thyme, and Basil.
-Cauliflower.
-Green Beans.



What you will NOT find in my garden:

-Peppers of any type.
-TOMATOES (no thanks!).
-Cucumbers (except for pickling cucumbers maybe).
-Cabbage.

Why? Because there's no point in using space in the garden for items you rarely, or never eat. I hate peppers and asparagus, and eat cucumbers and cabbage so rarely, they're not worth taking up space to grow...

Grow what you eat. And eat what you grow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment